Sunday 19 February 2017

Little bit of Liberty love

Finish number 2 from the Q1 list !! The competition for our Gartmore retreat was a mini quilt with red in it. Hmmmm I really really wanted to use up some Liberty from my visit to the Standfast barracks, I found s stunning red fabric there. I also wanted to try clamshells by hand, I have done them by machine before but wanted to try a little one by hand.  
I still had to hand quilt it, I have tendon issues in my right arm so this takes me a bit long as I have to ration my hand sewing time! But I get there.  Et voila

It didn't win at Gartmore but I love it and had a great time making it and that's the main thing isn't it!

2 comments:

  1. Liberty is always the right choice. What a stunning mini! Your quilted clamshells really finish it off nicely. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2017 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love working with Liberty

      Delete