Monday, 26 December 2016

Best five of 2016

I love a linky party and love the idea of picking my best five of 2016! No surprise at what is no1. It just has to be the silk quilt, six years in the making. Pattern from Pauline Ineson, How to make an heirloom quilt.  
 
No. 2 my Kaffe Fassett lone star quilt. The bright colours cheered me up after working on a dull quilt.
 

 
No.3 has to be the Sisters 10 from the books, Sisters samplers by Anne Marie Chany. Bold bright and beautiful, I love the symmetry of this.

 
No.4 has to be my mini quilt for my mini knitted doggie! 12x3 inch embroideries framed by happy 30s fabrics.
 

 
No.5 last but certainly not least will be my Christmas cathedral Windows cushion, complete with panda snowmen.
 

 
Linking too Best of 2016
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your silk quilt; 6 years in the making must make it have extra special memories. I hope you have a lovely final week of 2016 and wonderful 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It does have many special memories, a very happy 2017 to you too

      Delete
  2. Beautiful finishes! That first quilt (the silk one) is amazing, I love it. Thanks for linking up to the Best of 2016 linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all lovely, but I think my favourite is the stitchery mini. And I really like the buttons on the pillow, too. It's been a good year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did really enjoy making the embroidered mini, great fun. The buttons were a good find, perfect for the cushion.

      Delete
  4. That Christmas cathedral windows is pretty amazing - first one I have seen of that type.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love doing cathedral window, lots of prep but well worth it

      Delete