Monday 13 June 2016

Flipping flowers flipped

Ticking once again from my Q2 list!
It all started with a class up North in Oldmeldrum. I *may* have been a wee bit fragile as I was staying with my best chum Irene who is ever such a bad influence on me ...
The class Carol Munro is well used to me n Irene :-)
I wanted to use Japanese fabrics.
It's sort of a mirror image pattern, one side is a constant, in my case the red, the other side is varied, you then cut out petals an reverse them. Clever huh?
My centers were white with a black stem and leaf. Carol suggested outlining the flowers in black. Good choice as I think the flowers would have been a bit more lost.
The blocks are twisted so it has a flow to it.

Et voila! Another finish for the 2016 FAL!!!















1 comment:

  1. (Visiting officially now!) I love this quilt! Congratulations on the finish and thank you for participating in the 2016FAL, on behalf of all the hosts!

    ReplyDelete