Thursday, 31 March 2016

Swapping

Well sore shoulder apart here has still been some sewing going on. Mostly for swaps, first up the dashwood mini swap. My partner liked mori girls so I waited till it came on sale. Loved the fabric, but I felt it needed a big open block, so this one seemed like a perfect fit.

I made a test block but felt it didn't really showcase the fabric, waste not want not, it went in the back with a nice texty fabric!

Little triangle pouch as an extra, using up the last of the mini red houses.

I liked the back! Who doesn't love a text fabric.

 

Next up blueberry park mini swap. My partner loved this kaleidoscope pattern, and I love foundation piecing so this was a match made in heaven.

 

Recognise the block I made for the back? Yep it's the same as the one for the dashwood swap :-)

I made a triangle pouch for this swap too but didn't get a picture.

One day I will take better pictures but it won't be today!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved making them all, it's great using other people's fabric suggestions and patterns, gets you out of your comfort zone!

      Delete
  2. What you done to your shoulder, missus? Both lovely minis (and I always love your pyramid pouches) You are such a great swap partner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shoulder was b******d in January, was sleeping on floor for a week! Combination of bad pillow, bad mattress, bad posture and stress! Getting better now though and I'm back sewing 😊😊😊 I have really enjoyed these swaps. We could maybe do triangle pouch at muckhart?

      Delete