Sunday, 21 February 2016

Walking in the footsteps of Socrates

Oh snort! Hark at me getting all classical!! I was a bit grumpy about going to Greece, it wasn't a holiday but with work and I really just wanted to stay at home. But when I was there I thought I should better just make the most of it.

It was hard work and lots of travelling but I didn't manage to spend one morning at the Parthenon. It was amazing, loved it, it was quiet and sunny. Loved it.

We stayed at Thessaloniki first.

 

 

 

 

 

Then off to Athens, on the Sunday we got to walk round the agora.

We needed sustenance first ....

 

 

 

Teaching on Monday.

 

We had lots of technical issues, so a restorative beer was needed ...
 

Breakfast Tuesday.

 

 

Acropolis before heading home.

 
I

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Outside in February without a coat, hat, scarf and gloves? Worth it for that alone, surely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, oh blimey it was, when I came back and was waiting for bus to car park this poor wee German man stood next to me in the freezing cold and pouring rain and said 'my god how do people live in this country!'

      Delete