Sunday, 13 December 2015

Speechless!

Utterly speechless! It's a bit daunting when you enter an international swap and find your partner is none other than the uber talented Ms Midge.

So it was with great relief that I saw she really liked the mini I made for her.

We had to wait until the December meeting of the Edinburgh Modern quilt guild until I could see what Melissa made for me.

I mean I knew it would be stunning, but wow, this was even more amazing than I could have imagined!

 
 

The patterns are all traditional indigenous aboriginal prints. Just look at the fussy cutting in the center!


That is just all kinds of incredible.

It was so lovely swapping with you Melissa, your mini is on the wall in my sewing room directly in my line of sight from the chair where I sit and hand sew. It has brought some lovely Melbourne sunshine into my room.

 

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful, I love her blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is stunning! It's hanging in my sewing room near one of yours I recieved in one of the very first Brit bee swaps!

    ReplyDelete