Saturday, 19 December 2015

Reveille

I had had some of the schnibbles books for years and was always drawn to the cover pattern of this book the Reveille pattern.

It wasn't until I got some pretty charm packs in America that I decided enough was enough and I HAD to do the pattern.

 

I wanted to also use up some lovely Karen Lewis neutrals as the contrast, I thought they would play nicely with the mixologie charm pack.

So one Friday night when husband was off walking I sat in the sewing room and happily chopped and pieced.

 

Ain't they purty? It soon became apprent I had underestimated the amount of fabric needed ... Happily Ihad another charm pack which seemed to play nicely.

 

 

I had most of the blocks cut and pieced so happily went to bed. Next morning I woke up and with horror read of the massacre in Paris.

I went back to the sewing room and the whole quilt took on a whole new context. What was a happy jolly quilt, now reminded me of the people who wouldn't awaken to the reveille call.

I still love this top and it will be a jolly quilt to go to Linus, but it reminds me that life can change in the blink of an eye.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. I understand this sentiment perfectly, I had cushions for years that reminded me of 9/11. Lovely wee quilt, the secondary patterns are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynz! It's funny how quilts and crafty things can evoke so many memories or emotions. I love the secondary patterns on here too, it took sometime to get the placement right.

      Delete
  2. I understand this sentiment perfectly, I had cushions for years that reminded me of 9/11. Lovely wee quilt, the secondary patterns are awesome.

    ReplyDelete