Monday, 2 November 2015

Ruminating

 

I often think (overthink mostly!) about what this blog is for. Is it just for me? Is it a simple record of what I quilt? A bland anodyne list of "this is my latest quilt ...." I fear saying more, why? Are people reading it? Well people are sometimes nice enough to make comments *waves* thank you! It's nice to get comments.
I was chatting to a young friend who has struggled with mental health issues. Lovely young man. He has just started blogging and we spoke about it as a reflective practice. I like that. Not just a list of quilts but more of a reflection.
Sometimes it's just nice to get things out ... Just set it down. I could use paper and pen but this seems more appropriate.
Ruminating can be a good thing but when you are simply chewing over the same old *stuff* then it's not so good. Or if you are letting the outside craziness take over then that's not good too.
So here is to ruminating but about the good stuff.
When we were on holiday last week a young lass came up to me in a museum shop and shyly asked to read my tee shirt, I had forgotten what it said so I bent down to give her a better look. English wasn't her first language so I asked her if she understood what it meant, yes she said, "to enjoy happiness we need to know what sadness is"
 

 

1 comment:

  1. People are reading your blog *waves* xx I hear what you're saying re ruminating. Chewing over the same old stuff in our heads is so tiring. X p.s. loving your t shirt print! Sunshine after the rain and all that! X

    ReplyDelete