Thursday, 12 November 2015

International swapping!

SQUEEEEEEEEE

I done an international swap :-) ok I've done them before but this was an extra extra speshul one. I am honoured to belong to the Edinburgh Modern Quilt guild this year we connected with the Melbourne Modern quilt guild and arranged a mini quilt swap.

I was partnered with the gorgeous Melissa - msmidge Hugely prolific, talented and utterly fantastic quilter, so no pressure there then!! And she's lovely to boot, so I really wanted to hit this one straight out of the park.

Melissa requested a small mini less than 15 inches if possible. No problem there, we were loosely trying to use our own countries fabric so I hemmed and hawed about what to choose.

But hey you can't beat some good old Liberty can you?

 

What pattern though?? Oh I say how my all time favourite paper piecing dancing ribbons by Cindy Rounds Richards??

I adore this pattern!!

 

Right, first off, organisation is crucial in this, good job I'm a librarian, right?

 

Do you like the hot pink Liberty?? Pretty fab huh?

All you need to do now is sew.

 

Bit more sewing ...

 

 

Half way there

 

Whoooomph! All inset, just need a middle bit!

 

 

We have a middle bit!!!

The lovely msmidge recieved this yesterday and she loves it, yea!! And yea for quilt swaps.

This is me, showing it off at the EMQ meeting before sending off. I was still sewing on binding, hence the wonder clips!

 

8 comments:

  1. That's amaaaazing, Sheila! No wonder she loves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amaaaazing, Sheila! No wonder she loves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever pattern - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so perfect and fantastic! Lucky Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, clelver girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just found your blog!! Doh! I super duper love this mini - and I took it with me to show my MQG last weekend - they all drooled over it! Thank you so much xxxx

    ReplyDelete