Monday, 19 October 2015

Iron caddy tote thingy

I went to a patchwork class, it was great don't get me wrong but there were 6 of us sharing an ironing board. We were using lots of fusible bondaweb, things were getting tense!

So it had been in the back of my mind for a while to make a portable ironing caddy cum pressing mat thingy. I duly purchased some cheap ironing board covers, a cheap travel iron, googled iron caddy tote thingy and off I went :-)

I didn't print out the pattern from the above link I just drew out the measurements onto the ironing board cover, it doesn't need to be exact.

This is what it looks like folded up.

 

Folded out we have a nifty pressing mat

You don't have to wait for the iron to completely cool down before carrying it away, this is the heat resistant inside.
 

All in all it took just under two hours and I think it is ACE :-) I can leave this in the back of the car and it's always there for me.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment