Monday, 17 August 2015

Retreating to my cave

I guess my patchwork room is my version of a man cave, or is a man cave a version of my patchwork room??

Dunno, but let say last week was "challenging" travel disruption every single day, unwelcome blasts from the pasts. Just a shed load of *stuff* which left me tired ratty and discombobulated.

Soooooo I did what I always do and retired to the patchwork room for a weekend of sewing and drinking tequila.

Friday night? Spent listening to Germaine Greer slam dunking Tories on any questions, I love that woman.

Right, moving with a purpose in Saturday. I need to make a beach bag for the Rural, has to be sunny themed. I have had this bee fabric from fair trade for a few years now. I couldn't bear to cut into it. Well I thought I was perfect for the happy camper pattern by MessyJessie from Love patchwork and quilting
Yep! I am pretty chuffed with this, I think it is only the second bag I have ever made. Fab pattern great instructions.
Next I thought I would make some progress with my ticket for the stitchgathering. We have to choose a word and put that onto fabric, 7x14 inches. Last year I went wild with my colonial knots bag, which I adored making, but it took its toll on my tendons so this year I wanted to keep it simple.
And I like the word, fun is something we should all have a bit more of and I know we will have lots of fun at the stitchgathering!
I guess I should also share my 'beta' version ... Whoops! Guess to forgot to mirror image when she was trading onto the fusible ... Too much tequila?? Surely not ;-)

 

Up bright with the larks on Sunday. I have had some bright cheery lacy zips lurking in patchwork room for years, this year I also bought some more with fabric and a pattern to make these cute little boxy pouches. It's from the eternal maker.
I am determined to use up ALL the bee fabric!
 

 

One is not enough so soon these two joined the brace.

 

 
Thinking of the stitchgathering I have signed up for the notions swap. I bought this great pattern for the flora supply case from clover and violet a while back and have been itching to see if I could make it, me and small fiddly things sometimes dEon't get on very well.
But ... Another fab pattern with clear instructions and lots of pictures, brill! So I am going to keep my test version but make another in my partners colours for the swap.
 
PHEW! Right, chilled out relaxed and ready to see what this week throws at me!
Cheery Bye!

 

3 comments:

  1. Fab makes, as always! And big hugs for you too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab makes, as always! And big hugs for you too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like your bee fabric, and you bag looks great in it :-)

    ReplyDelete