Sunday, 12 July 2015

LBQB

It hardly seems like any time ago that I signed up for The Little Blog Quilt Bee run by Lou. I asked for a simple postage stamp block a grid of five 2.5 inch blocks, scrappy fun and bright.

My intention was to make the Messy Jesse scrappy Irish chain quilt.

Well ... the lovely ladies in the bee loved it so much they gave me way more blocks than I needed! Most sent two or three, one sent me five!

I was sorting through the them trying to pick which ones to use then I realised that I could use them all. Just make three smaller quilts!

I used my beloved IKEA pink polka dots in one version:

 

I used IKEA blue and red polka dots on another:

 

As I was on a winning steel I went with emerald polka dots for the third!

 

 

I made these as charity quilts, and I was lucky enough to see the children getting them. They went to Children of Chernobyl, the Forth Valley group. I went along to their thank you concert and handed over 18 quilts which included these to the children.

A very very special night, one you boy kept hugging me around the knees and saying thank you.

Of course I cried :-) wouldn't you?

Thank you LBQB ladies your blocks were fab.

3 comments:

  1. So lovely Sheila! What a special treat to have been able to deliver them to the children yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful Sheila! What an amazing job you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful use of all those scraps ... I might have to give it a go, and I can spy mine in there too ... it's super, well done!

    ReplyDelete