Sunday, 10 May 2015

Paducah the start

Well, that was a trip and a half! I don't really know where to start, so perhaps the beginning would be best!

We will skip over horrific delays, horrible first hotels etc. we arrived in Nashville and spent a few days sightseeing, doing Grand Ole Oprey. I saw this on the bus tour in Nashville. Just before we had margaritas and coconut shrimp in margaritaville.

One of the highlights was a visit to a plantation house which as luck would have it had several beautiful original quilts in it. We weren't allowed to photograph inside though.

We then took the greyhound bus to Paducah. I don't think anything could have prepared me for how much Paducah is taken over by quilt week.

 

 

 
 
 

The one sign I didn't manage to get? "Express lube welcomes quilters" priceless!

I was totally unprepared for how well organised the whole thing would be. Buses were sponsored by shops and hotels, everyone in Paducah welcomes quilters, it truly feels like the whole city is quiltsville.

The festival,itself was in several different venues, but outside the main convention center were the food vendors ..... Oh my god, corn dogs, Philly cheese steaks sandwiches, BBQ ...

 

 

 

 

Elvis truly did the best corn dogs.

I'm writing this so I can remember an amazing trip so I think I will split this up into several posts so it makes more sense to me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not often envious of people's quilt-related travelling but I admit to a wee twinge of the green-eyed monster! And not solely because of the tasty grub - but a little bit, certainly...

    ReplyDelete