Monday, 16 March 2015

African scallops/clamshells

Right, it's been linus quilts a go go chez Budsmam but now I have got most of them out of the way (watch this space, post coming soon) it's time to get on with 'other stuff'

Mind you this will end up as a linus quilt! All mine do.

I had a phase a few years ago for buying african fabric, in particular shweshwe. Love those blues indigos and pinks.

I could never figure out what I was going to do with them but when I saw Jo Averys scallops quilt in Love patchwork and quilting magazine. I knew it was perfect for these fabrics.

I now have all the scallops/clamshells cut out, soon to start the fun bit with the tinfoil :-)

Linking up to WIP it up Wednesday for the first time in a long time, it feels good!

 

1 comment:

  1. I love these! If it does end up as a Linus quilt, a child will love it too. Looks like it's going to be a very happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete