Sunday, 18 January 2015

The troll under the chair

At the 2013 Festival of quilts, my good chum Irene came dashin up to me and said, "you have to see the latest BOM from totally patched" we had done a previous BOM from them:
 
 

So I was excited to see this latest one. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to do it.

Now I know I commit to a lot but I do my best to finish them. This top came together ok but then the thought of quilting it just terrified me, it's HUGE!!

So it got folded away last October and just lurked under the chair in my sewing room like a little troll.

So up comes 2015 and my promise to be fear - less !!

Right, this may have just about broken my wee domestic sewing machine and it definitely feels as if it has broken my arms but it is done ... Let's not look toooooo closely, there may be a pucker or *cough* 20 *cough* it's not square and the binding .... Let's not go there.

But it is done and as a lovely lady said on intsagram, at least i had the courage to do it myself.

And a huge thanks to my long suffering husband who froze his butt off to let me get some pics today.


 

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. What a massive achievement. It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your troll is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful and colourful quilt ... what a star of a hubby too! I must say that cathedral window cushion is so pretty, they are timeless x al

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, it is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations on such a stunning finish!

    ReplyDelete