Sunday, 2 November 2014

Saving for best

When I was growing up the idea of 'saving for best' was incredibly common. There were thing unused, chairs and sofas left unsat on because they were being saved for best.
I still don't have a clear idea what 'best' was or is. An important visitor? Clothes kept for special occasions? I try not to keep to this, things are to be used. I love seeing my quilts sat on, wrapped around, draped over doggies.
So I needed a pouch for my bag for work, was going to whip one up then realised that unconsciously I had been, saving this one 'for best'
Not anymore, it's happily snuggled in my work bag, being used. As it should be.
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Agreed!!! It's such a shame to not use nice things - your pouch is luffly! (nicking your word. *g*)

    ReplyDelete