Thursday, 27 November 2014

Patchwork room reorganisation

I guess we all have a special relationship with the place we sew in. I know I am lucky to have a whole room to sew in and it is a very special place for me.

It has had a daybed in it for as long as I can remember but we decided to move that to the spare bedroom, ditching the double bed which took up too much room in the spare room.
Anyhoo I was worried I might not like it. I loved that wee day bed, used to lay on it looking at the design wall (aka piece of fleece) seeing blocks and tops in a new light.


One of the most important parts of the patchwork room is mini bud

When we said goodbye to real life Bud a lovely lady from Twitter knitted a mini me of bud, another lovely lady send him gifts, his baskets collar, bowl etc. the wonderful wacky world of Twitter. Mini bud guards the fabric from the fabric thieves.
Anyhoo, he is still the big honcho of the room, he just now sits on the table.
Two chairs are now where the daybed was and I have moved some of the tables. There is now more room on the floor for laying out quilts for basting which is good.


Most importantly there is still the peace, tranquility and zen of the old room.

So, new layout is a hit.

1 comment:

  1. The new layout looks fantastic - what a lovely place to sew. And I have very happy memories of being in that room when you first taught me the dark arts of quilting!

    ReplyDelete