Monday, 15 September 2014

Best*day*EVER

There is a student I work with whose favourite phrase is "it was the BEST DAY EVER" I thought of Fergus after yesterday's Stitchgathering because yes it really was the *Best day ever!!*

How to start?? How can I sum up months of eager anticipation, especially via social media and then 10 hours of fabulous stitching fun?

Well first I can thank Jo Avery (Mybearpawcraft) and the stitchgathering team. This was without doubt one of the best organised events I have been to, so many wonderful details I apologise if I miss any out.

First off the ticket. Oh no not your ordinary paper chuck it in the bin once you are finished ticket, whoah no. We all got a printed tote bag to embellish for a swap partner. They were incredible. We all started off with the same bag but the inventiveness, creativeness on display made each one unique. Chickens?!! Fish!! They were two of my favourites, here is a small small sample of what was on display, then we all got to take one home!

We had a readers choice vote for our favourite bag, the winning one was by Hiraku a sweet Japanese lady whose winning bag is bottom left in the mosaic directly above.

Above is the bag I made for Janice, with colonial knots.
And the classes! Search the hashtag #stitchgathering on Instagram to see more of what went on in the classes! honestly I could have gone to any of them! my first one in the morning was apple core EPP with the lovely Fiona Calvert, brilliant class, I now feel so much more confident about handsewing curves. Above is my first two apple cores put together, using a charm pack of lovely Japanese fabric from Katie -Japancrafts.
My afternoon class was a sweet patchwork doggie class with the lovely Jo Avery herself, no pics as he is still in construction, once he is stuffed I will blog him.
Of course my brilliant organiser from the gorgeous Mz Poppins was essential for keeping me organised, Claire made this for me in the secret Santa from the Christmas stitchgathering.
Claire also made my name tag in the name tag swap, an awesome mini bottle of Hendricks gin .... Wot you trying to tell me Mz Poppins?? (She knows me too well ....)
 
And then there was the goody bag .... Oh no not your ordinary goody bag this is a STITCHGATHERING goody bag and yes it deserves capitals, we need to shout it out. What an awesome haul.
 
 
 
So a huge big Budsmam hug to all the sponsors:
Aurifil! Nairns (note empty packets, sewing is a hungry business ...) pilot-frixon pens, coats-needles and thread, Dashwood fabric (fabric mmmm), Love patchwork and quilting mag-the lovely editor Jenny attended, DMC, VeryBerry (SQUEE liberty ), Groves and banks scissors, Liberty tote bag and fabric (squee, more liberty !!!!!) Blend fabric (you getting the fabric theme here?) Robert Kaufman (yep fabric, I told you this was no ordinary goody bag) Mybearpaw DMC perle cotton and beads.
*PHEW*
Awesome awesome day and I haven't even mentioned all the fab gorgeous people I met, Nessa, Di, Jenny, Claire, Hiraku, Catriona, Robin ....... So many wonderful ladies.
Stand up and take a huge bow Jo Avery, you did an amazing thing, thank you so much.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. thank you SO MUCH Sheila! What an amazing write- up! I am so pleased you loved it. I loved it too!! I am only just catching my breath here a week later and catching up on blogs. I just posted a goody bag giveaway and a link up for posts. I hope it's ok if I just add yours now - to get things going!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was indeed, a brilliant day.

    ReplyDelete