Monday, 8 September 2014

Around the world blog hop

Good morning! *blows cobwebs off blog* I have been tagged by the fabulous Claire in the around the world blog hop.

I have these questions to answer:

1. What am I working on?

Hollow laughter .... It would be quicker to tell you what i am NOT working on! I seem to go through patches of drowning in quilts and stuff. This is a quick run down of what I have on just now:

Inlaws quilt, I never ever say yes when people ask me to make them a quilt, am very happy to give away quilts to people who like them but I won't do custom made ones. But when your mother in law asks .... Well would be churlish not to. It is pretty but it's not my colour scheme and I have done all the blocks before and it is mahoosive, 9 ft by 9 ft ... She will love it though and I get a gazillion brownie points (not that I need them ... )

Stitchgathering, the wonderful Jo Avery is organising another of these so I am beavering away at the bag which constitutes our tickets (we have a swap partner to give them too) and a name badge.

 

Various bees and BOMs here are a few:

Amish BOM from totally patched

 
Stash bee, here is the block I chose for my month:
 
Some of my blocks for the wonderful Amanda's fussy cut swap
 
And last but certainly not least my poor sad neglected silk quilt, one day you will be done but not this year!
 
 

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?

I don't think I have a genre? My only genre is crime fiction! I like all sorts, modern, traditional what ever they may be, I just like making bright colourful quilts.

Like my farmers wife quilt, this just sums me up:

3. Why do I write/create what I do?

I don't write, apart from this blog and that is more to document what I do, but I create these quilts as a form of therapy, hence the rather pompous blog title - mindful quilter. When sewing fabric picking and pattern reading I don't have time to fret and fuss about all the silly stuff which goes on in our lives.

4. How does my writing/creating process work?

I am a kind of *point squirrel* kind of person! my creative process is usually - ooohhhhhh luffly, ooohhh that's luffly too, and that and that, next thing I have 6 massive quilts on the go. And that's fine, because although I do overcommit I am pretty good at finishing things up.

Now I am supposed to tag others now to do their own blog posts next Monday, but all my quilty chums either, don't have blogs, have already done the blog hop or don't have the time, so if you are reading this and haven't done the hop and want to do it then *TAG* you're it!

 

1 comment:

  1. I love your farmer's wife quilt! I am planning to make one soon!

    ReplyDelete