Tuesday, 29 July 2014

FINISHES!! I haz finishes :-)

And lots of them too, come and marvel at all my finishes ...
Righty ho this is finish number 1 from my list the mighty farmers wife quilt. Blimey this has been a journey! Started in 2011 I fumbled along with the teensy weensy templates until the beginning of this year when I started using the paper piecing files from the yahoo group. They were not without their own challenges but still greatly speeded up my piecing. I did 50 blocks over the past 3 years and did 60 this year ... Speaks for itself really. I took this to the lovely Beechwood quilting where I long armed it myself. I was pretty chuffed for my first attempt.
Many thanks to the ever patient Mark my lovely husband who held several quilts over our balcony so I could get a decent shot!

I'm going to keep this one, we have bonded :-)


Finish Along 2014

8 comments:

  1. Wow Sheila, it is incredible!! Love your Scrappy Trips too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for haz-ing finishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely a keeper - beautiful quilt! So many amazing details in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is Beautiful, I have come to a stop with my FWQ, I got frustrated that they are all templates so figured out the maths for making the blocks, but as you know some cannot be done that easily, so I too have done some paperpiecing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the orange you used for the setting stones and border - makes it all pop! Congrats on a BIG finish, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Farmers Wife has been on my wish list for a while and your version just pushes it even further to the top of the list. I love the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous! What a great finish!

    ReplyDelete