Sunday, 29 June 2014

Farmers!

Blimey, three years later and the top is done ..... I still can't quite believe it. Is it possible to get emotional about a quilt? Well of course it is. I calculated that I started this in 2011 just before I got hit with cancer, I made about 30 blocks during that time. Only 10 or so blocks in 2012 and 13 respectively. I struggled so hard with the itty bitty templates. I discovered the yahoo group early this year and got flying with the foundation patterns from there. What a difference! I managed 60 blocks this year.

Two days of solid piecing have resulted in this!

 

I am investigating long arming options for this, I think it deserves it. So strange to feel it is done after all this time.

Here is a wee close up:

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Definitely deserves special attention with the quilting xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on getting it finished. It is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely with the sunlight behind. Congratulations on finishing such a long and meaningful Project, , hope it always reminds you that the journey is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great accomplishment, Sheila! Being finished is such a great feeling : )

    ReplyDelete