Sunday, 6 April 2014

War on WIPs

I saw someone in my bloglovin roll talk about a war on WIPs. I like that phrase, I will steal it, I'm sure they won't mind.

The main WIP which has been nagging at me (apart from silk quilt, don't mention the silk quilt) is my poor wee farmers wife.

When I looked back on Flickr I realised I started this in 2011 ..... That's over 3 years ago.

Hmmmmm, I was ploughing along struggling with the blooming templates until I decided enough was enough, I was going to find a quicker way or I was going to call it quits.

Sooooo I started doing it the paper piecing way, apart from one total disaster:

 

It has totally turned round my progress! So far this year I have made over 30 of the wee blighters. That's almost as many as I made in the past 2.5 years!

I made a couple of mosaics of the progress so far to see what it looks like, it's all scrappy, now my main concern is how to sash it, plenty time to decide that though :-)

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic!
    I love how you've kept Little Miss Disaster in the team too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic progress! Your mosaic photos look wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! I love the variety of color : )

    ReplyDelete