Sunday, 2 March 2014

Loosing the plot, and the posts

Memo to self ALWAYS save a local draft so you don't have to re type whole blooming post when blogsy throws a hissy fit.

Anyhoo, it's been a while, I have been sewing, I started this quilt top:

 

 

In a class up in Aberdeen at Seattle quilt company. It was a great class and Carol Munro is a fab instructor but I am just not sure about my incredibly random choice of fabrics. It now has borders on and there are circles to be appliqu├ęd on so I am liking it a bit more.

This took up most of January and February, the great APQ quilt along, the top is done, et voila:

 

I love it, but like the wavy block quilt too, it is massive, so I now have 2 huge quilt tops to wrastle through the machine, eh dear I will never learn ...

I was really up in Aberdeen for a hen party, my first proper hen party I usually avoid them like the plague, but for a special chum you go along and join in the adventure, it was bingo, which I ended up really enjoying, and I think I managed to carry off the hen party look quite well ;-)

 

 

3 comments:

  1. I love that hen party pouty portrait! So glad it was such a fun night for you all!
    I'm sure you'll come up with something inspired to help you love your wavy quilt a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha love the hat! The first sentence I was like hen?? But then I got it ; ) Looks like you've been really busy with both those two huge tops done - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! The hat is now in the sewing room and is used to collect the paper off the back of paper pieced blocks for recycling :-)

      Delete