Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Stash bee

 

I wanted to branch out from my usual lurking along quilting along so this year I joined the Stash Bee, I'm in hive 3.

January was hosted by the lovely Alison from Little Bunny Quilts I love the block she chose and her colour combinations. I made a test block first which I will keep

 

 

 

What I hope to do is make one of each block for myself and then put together a really scrappy quilt at the end of the year from them.

Here is the first block I made for Alison, I do hope to get another done for her I have most of a second block done but not made up.

 

My first link up in a while to WIP Wednesday and my first of 2014!

 

9 comments:

  1. It is a nice block. Very precise sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a great time making it

      Delete
  2. Now there's a cool block, I've not seen it before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen this block before either, but will sure be making more of them!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great block! I love the idea of a scrappy quilt using blocks from the bee, what a fun way to create a sampler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I see it as a happy way of using up my stash

      Delete
  5. I've linked this block up in my WIP post too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great block -- super graphic and modern. Well done!

    ReplyDelete