Thursday, 15 August 2013

More haste

Less speed ... Never a truer word said. I was trying to catch up with my sadly neglected farmers wife blocks. I stupidly wanted to do about five in one day. I aimed for short cuts and instead got the wonkiest block you have ever seen, shameful.

Here is exhibit A

 
I am almost ashamed to post it, it will be ripped out and redone, I don't even like the colours any more. Oh dear. From now on I will stick to cutting out the templates like a good sewer and not try to be too fancy. Never pays off.
 
 

Here is a more successful one

 

 

I seem to have cut off some of the angels heads, deary me, but I am determined not to let this quilt top break me. Watch this space.

 

Linking up with Maybush studio British Thursday link party.

4 comments:

  1. I love your beheaded angels - so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to share when things don't go so well - we've all been there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a shocker of a block, felt good to get it off my chest!

      Delete