Tuesday 20 August 2013

Getting curvy, or the quilt that almost broke me

Here she goes! I am pretty happy with this little one, done from the winding ways pattern from Heather Hasthorpe. It did almost brake me though, all those curved pieces, bias edges etc. The fact I wasn't overly careful with the template cutting didnt help either :-) It's done though and I love it, I think there are at least 4 charm packs in here, good job I stocked up on some more at the festival of quilts ....
 


 
 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. It may have taken a lot of emotion and time but the results are rather wonderful. I had a similar "problem" with my Sunlit Treasure quilt which took me two years to complete. I hope you fall more in love with it each week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen, I do really love it

      Delete
  2. Gosh, it is gorgeous. Well done. I know all about less than careful cutting! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A belated thank you Julie! I thouroughly enjoyed your class yesterday, bib is winging it's way down to new cousin in law

      Delete