Sunday, 16 June 2013

Contrasts

These past few weeks have been very contrasty (is that a word? I'm a librarian I should know ...) working mainly on these two projects:
Sew a sampler from Popular Patchwork, I didn't think I was going to like this, really not my style at all but hey I eventually did like it, even though it has to be one of the worst constructed quilts I have made! I hashed up a lot of the rows, but I had fun.

Row by row PP

These are the first few rows, I used up so many 2.5 inch squares which was great. The rows I really didnt want to do, the paper pieced houses turned out to be my faves.

Row by row PP 3

Row by row PP 2

With this quilt I fudged, I shoogled, I made a total mess of some of it. But I do love it in all it's wonkiness.

Row by row PP 4

Compare that with the utmost precision needed for the Scrappy trip around the world bee blocks. I always stress about sending things to other people and these blocks need pinpoint accuracy:

Scrappy trip around the world bee block1

Phew! I think I did it ok.






No comments:

Post a Comment